Abraham Del Rio III
A Dedicated Richmond Criminal Defense Lawyer
Abraham Del Rio is dedicated to making sure the police and the prosecutor
respect your rights after an arrest or during a criminal investigation.
As a former Virginia magistrate, he has protected 4th Amendment rights
while conducting hundreds of hearings involving arrest warrants, search
warrants, and bail determinations. Attorney Del Rio is admitted to U.S.
District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia.
A Former Virginia Supreme Court Magistrate
In many instances, a citizen's first contact with the Virginia judicial
system comes through the office of the Magistrate. A principal function
of the magistrate is to provide an independent, unbiased review of complaints
brought by police officers, sheriffs, deputies, and citizens.
A magistrate's duties include issuing types of processes such as arrest
warrants, summonses, bonds, search warrants, summonses, bonds search warrants,
subpoenas, emergency and medical custody orders, temporary mental and
medical detention orders, emergency protective orders (temporary restraining
order), and other civil processes. One of the main duties of the magistrate
is conducting bond hearings to set bail in instances in which an individual
is charged with a criminal offense.
As a former magistrate, Attorney Del Rio has the knowledge and experience
to take on even the most complicated cases.
Because of his dedication to the law, Mr. Del Rio has cultivated a reputation
within the legal community. This includes a number of testimonials from
other public defenders and other attorneys.
- "Mr. Del Rio is an exceptional attorney who is dedicated to achieving
the best results for his clients. His experience as a Magistrate has equipped
him with the skills necessary to know the ins and outs of criminal and
constitutional law. He is a zealous advocate and is willing to fight for
you. By enlisting his services, you will confidently walk into the courtroom
knowing that you are in good hands. I highly recommend this attorney."
- Chris Midgley, Hampton Public Defender
- "I highly endorse Attorney Abraham Del Rio, III without any reservations
and would recommend him to anyone looking for an attorney. He cares for
his clients and is able to produce results. He has a great work ethic
and knowledge of the law. He understands the client's needs and exceeds
their expectations. I strongly recommend him." - Kushal Davé, Attorney
- "Mr. Del Rio's training and experience as a Magistrate have enabled
him to master the ins and outs of Criminal and Constitutional Law. He
is an aggressive and passionate litigator who is committed to ensuring
his clients' rights are protected." - Erin Ralston, Attorney
- JD, Regent University School of Law
- Human Rights and National Security Law, University of Strasbourg, France
- BA, Case Western Reserve University
Awards and honors:
- Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers, 2016 and 2015
- Best DUI and DWI Lawyers in Richmond 2016, by Expertise.com
- Top Lawyer 2016 by The Global Directory of Who's Who
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Richmond Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar Association of Virginia
- Esperanza Alumni Association
- Admitted to U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia