Accused Of A Drug Crime In Virginia? Contact A Richmond Defense Attorney.
If you have been charged with a drug crime in Virginia, you probably have many questions about what will happen next. Will you be facing misdemeanor or felony charges? Will you be facing jail time? Will you be in danger of losing your job?
Drug crimes are harshly prosecuted in Virginia and can result in serious penalties. If you or someone you know is seeking a skilled criminal defense lawyer in Richmond, do not delay in contacting Del Rio Law, PLLC. I am defense attorney Abraham Del Rio III. I know how to prepare a strong defense against all types of drug charges and am prepared to review your case now.
Arrested? I Am Prepared To Fight For You.
As my client, you can expect the following:
- Results-oriented legal counsel and strategies
- Skilled defense from me, an award-winning trial lawyer and former Virginia magistrate
- Predictable, affordable flat fees
- Bilingual services for Spanish speakers
Start with a free phone conversation.
Possession Of A Controlled Substance
According to VA code §18.2-250, it is unlawful to possess a controlled substance without a valid prescription from a licensed medical practitioner. The severity of the charge and its accompanying penalties depend on the type and amount of the drug in the accused person’s possession:
- Schedule V (such as Lyrica, Robitussin and Lomotil): Class 3 misdemeanor
- Schedule IV (such as Xanax, Soma, Valium and Ambien): Class 2 misdemeanor
- Schedule III (such as Tylenol with codeine, ketamine and anabolic steroids): Class 1 misdemeanor
- Schedule I and II (such as Vicodin, methamphetamine, cocaine, LSD, marijuana and heroin): Class 5 felony
A class 5 felony, the most serious drug possession charge, is punishable by up to 10 years in prison and/or a fine of up to $2,500.
Zealous Representation. Positive Results.
I am attorney Abraham Del Rio III, with years of experience fighting for the rights of the accused. No matter what type of drug charge you are facing, I am ready to work hard to protect your Constitutional rights and safeguard your future.
When you choose Del Rio Law, PLLC, I will thoroughly examine your case, help you understand your options and guide you through the entire process from start to finish.