Richmond DUI Defense Lawyer
Arrested? Save Your License & Call (804) 299-8612 Now.
Driving while under the influence of alcohol is a serious offense in Virginia, which has some of the harshest penalties in the country for DUI crimes.If you have been arrested and accused of drunk driving, now is the time to contact a Richmond DUI defense attorney at Del Rio Law, PLLC. Without fast action, you could be jeopardizing your rights, driving privileges, and freedoms.
- What Makes Del Rio Law, PLLC the Right Choice for You?
- Named Among Best DUI and DWI Lawyers in Richmond by Expertise.com (2016)
- Bilingual services offered for English and Spanish speakers
- All cases handled on a flat-fee basis so you know what to expect at all times
- Extensive experience in the judicial system as a Former Virginia Magistrate
- Offering free and confidential consultations so you can start your defense today
What Are the Penalties for DUI in Virginia?
In Virginia, it is illegal to drive with a blood alcohol content (BAC) of more than 0.08 percent. A first DUI offense could result in a minimum of five days in jail, a minimum $250 fine, and a one-year license suspension.For a second offense within five years, an individual may face between 20 days and one month in jail, a $500 fine, and a three-year license suspension.Third offenses within 10 years are felonies punishable by up to five years in prison and up to a $2,500 fine, with an indefinite license suspension.Subsequent offenses are also charged as felonies and come with a prison term of up to five years and fines of up to $2,500. Convicted individuals may also be required to attend alcohol education classes.
In addition to fines and jail time, you may face the following:
- A DUI on your criminal record
- Increased insurance premiums
- Difficulty obtaining employment or loans
- Other long-term consequences
Fortunately, there are a number of ways a skilled DUI attorney can fight your charges and potentially help you avoid these life-altering consequences.Using our tried-and-true legal strategies, we may be able to have your charges reduced or even dismissed.
Virginia Is an Implied Consent State
Virginia has an implied consent law, which means that drivers automatically consent to chemical or breath tests requested by law enforcement as part of their driving privileges. If a law enforcement officer suspects DUI and the driver refuses to take a test, the driver can face an automatic suspension of their driver’s license. If an officer requests that you take a test, you should immediately assert your right to speak with an attorney and contact Del Rio Law, PLLC as soon as possible.
Don’t Wait Another Moment. Call to Speak with an Attorney!
With your freedom and driving privileges on the line, it is crucial to retain a skilled DUI lawyer to deal with your charges. We know what it takes to secure superior results in DUI cases and may be able to help you avoid maximum penalties. We have the legal know-how to guide you through your case, answer your questions and concerns, and help you get your life back to normal.
To protect your license and your rights, immediate action is needed. Call us at (804) 299-8612 or fill out a brief online contact form and we will get back to you shortly.
What Makes Del Rio Law, PLLC Different?
- Offering predictable, affordable flat-rate fees and FREE 30-minute consultations
- Recognized by numerous legal organizations for ethics, professionalism and service
- Member of several associations to stay ahead of all legal trends, strategies,and bylaws
- Extensive experience in Virginia’s Judicial System as a former Virginia Magistrate
- All clients are treated passionately and sincerely – never like case numbers or files
- Providing bilingual legal representation for English and local Spanish speakers