Probation Violation Lawyer Richmond
Former Virginia Magistrate Fighting for You
If you have been accused of a probation violation, your freedom is at stake.The Richmond probation violations attorney at Del Rio Law, PLLC provides dedicated legal advocacy to protect the rights of the accused. Abraham Del Rio as a Top Lawyer by The Global Directory of Who’s Who for his exceptional representation of his clients. He understands the stress and anxiety that comes with facing accusations and wants to help you fight for your freedom.
What Is a Probation Violation?
A probationary period is a time during which an individual who has been convicted of a crime must regularly report to a designated officer to demonstrate that he or she is complying with any and all conditions ordered by the court. This period is either applied as an initial sentence or as an early release program for individuals serving out jail sentences.
Breaking the terms of your probation may result in an extension of your probationary period, additional terms, higher fines, and even possible jail time. Depending on the conditions of your probation, there are a number of actions that can be considered violations.
- Common examples of probation violations include:
- Failure to report to probation officer
- Failure to appear in court for a scheduled hearing
- Failure to pay court-ordered fines
- Possession or sale of drugs
- Travel outside of designated limits or boundaries
- Committing of or arrest for another crime or offense
What Comes Next?
If your probation officer suspects a violation, he or she may either issue a warning or order you to appear in court. If you are required to attend a probation violation hearing, a judge will determine whether or not the violation occurred and the appropriate penalties. As with any criminal proceeding, you have the right to an attorney who can represent you and present evidence and witnesses for your defense.
- At Del Rio Law, PLLC, the Richmond criminal attorney can develop a personalized strategy to help you protect your freedom and avoid harsher sentencing.To discuss your options during a free phone consultation, contact the firm today.
Focused on Trial Winning Strategies
As a former Virginia Magistrate, Attorney Del Rio understands that prosecutors are highly trained professionals who know how to get convictions. Do not leave your future up to chance by accepting a plea deal or bargain. Work with a skilled and experienced Richmond criminal defense lawyer who is devoted to helping you get the results you need to move forward with your life.
- Offering predictable, affordable flat-rate fees and FREE 30-minute consultations
- Recognized by numerous legal organizations for ethics, professionalism and service
- Member of several associations to stay ahead of all legal trends, strategies,and bylaws
- Extensive experience in Virginia’s Judicial System as a former Virginia Magistrate
- All clients are treated passionately and sincerely – never like case numbers or files
- Providing bilingual legal representation for English and local Spanish speakers